As a continuation to our previous Blog on #PhysicsNumericals, Department of Physics, #VenperAcademy wants to enlighten the students on the nuances of preparation for #NEETPhysics 2019.
After an in depth analysis, the very important must know Chapter based tips are as follows,
In the case of Kinematics which can have a 3-5% weightage, a NEET aspirant
- Must be very clear with concepts like Displacement, Acceleration, Average Velocity & Relative velocity. Try to visualize the problems in the mind to effectively tackle them.
- In projectiles finding Range, Maximum height, Time of flight, velocity at any point on the trajectory is important. Generally in this area questions are straight and fair.
- Questions based on graphical data are also important.
When it comes to Laws of Motion carrying a 3-5% weightage,
- Practice the conceptual questions based on Laws of Motion and application of the principle of conservation of linear momentum. While working out problems related to connected bodies, students should necessarily draw free body diagram.
- The concept of finding velocity of the colliding bodies in one dimensional elastic head on collision is important.
In the chapter of Work Power Energy having a 4-5% weightage, Theorems are the main subtopics. Sometimes it is advantageous to do the problem using law of energy.
In Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body (5%) the,
- Questions on vertical circular motion are the expected models.
- Problems of finding Torque, when position vector and force vector are given are also important.
- Finding Moment of inertia of regular bodies using parallel and perpendicular axes theorem are important.
- Also, work out problems based on conservation of angular momentum and rolling motion.
Gravitation is a relatively an easier chapter with 2% weightage
- Be clear with basic forces in nature. Simple question on Universal law of gravitation, variation of ‘g’ with altitude, depth, latitude are important.
- Problem solving technique using energy conservation helps arrive at the answers.
- Problem on orbital velocity, escape velocity are very important.
In the chapter of Properties of Bulk Matter with 2% weightage,
- The advantage with elasticity is limited sub-topics & limited models of problems. The main concepts are with stress, strain related modulus of elasticity and Poisson’s ratio. To answer theory bits, concepts like elastic fatigue & behavior of wire under increasing load must be understood.
- Examples of surface tension from daily life, surface energy, relation between surface tension and surface energy, angle of contact & capillarity must be mastered. Effect of temperature on surface tension, excess pressure in soap bubble and liquid drop are topics from which we can expect questions. Problems like finding work done to split big drop into number of droplets, work done to blow a soap bubble are important.
- Try to be thorough with fluid mechanics as it is inter-related to many other topics in physics.
- Problems based on Bernoulli’s theorem, velocity of efflux are more important.
Thermodynamics is quite an important topic to be focused with close to 9-10% of mark weightage. Request the aspirants to,
- Have a clear idea of zeroth law of thermodynamics, Joules law, and the first law of thermodynamics. Principle of calorimeter, problems related to different thermodynamic processes are important. While solving the problems related to work done in adiabatic and isothermal, keep in mind the sign conventions.
- Do some models on Carnot engine – Efficiency and Coefficient of performance.
- Be thorough with the concepts on Kinetic theory of gasses.
Kinetic theory of gases is a simple and easy topic with 3% weightage in which conceptual questions can be practiced.
Oscillations and waves (3%) is an interesting chapter where students should understand the term phase and its importance in solving problems. They should know the,
- Different relations for Velocity & Acceleration. The maximum and minimum values are to be remembered.
- To solve problems related to loaded spring, students should have clear idea of spring constant, changes in the time period, when it is cut and coupled with other springs.
- Try to work out more numerical on Doppler effect and pipes
In Optics, Wave optics may be covered first as the content is less compared to Geometrical Optics. Regarding wave optics concentrate on theory based questions.
Theory based questions will be asked from the chapters like Modern physics, Semiconductor devices & the Communication systems. #TamilnaduStateBoard students have an added advantage as their Board exam preparation supports them well for the same.
Another common area is Gravitation, Electrostatics and Magnetism with same principles and applications by chance of variables. Coulombs law becomes Newton’s Gravitational law. The analogue of the Gauss’s Law can be used for evaluation of gravitational field.
Electricity and Magnetism can be studied together. Electric current & Thermal conduction also are associated topics.
Thus by giving top priority to Modem Physics, Electrostatics, Magnetic effects of current and earth’s magnetism, Heat & Thermo Dynamics, SHM and Oscillations, Current Electricity, Gravitation & Rotational Mechanics, EMI, AC & EM Waves, Optics & Kinematics we can achieve a decent score in NEET Physics 2019. These are the Chapters which are given extra focus and practice in Venper’s Crash Course 2019 commencing from 20th March 2019.
Good Luck Aspirants!!
Department of Physics,