Things to do when you have an exam, and you have not prepared until the last moment
- The first and the most important thing to do is to give up on your pleasures and enjoyment.now that we have less time for preparation we need to eliminate the free time. Last-minute preparation is not a good thing to practice, anyhow when we have no other choice we need to give all our 100 % effort into the preparation.
- You should have a proper timetable and set your schedule. Upon planning, a student must be ready to sacrifice all the other pleasures. Plan your timetable in such a way that you divide the time left most effectively. Analyse the subjects you need more time in, give priorities to those subjects. Distribute the whole day into parts and study the subjects in the stipulated time.
- Do not procrastinate, keep pushing yourself and don’t skip the timetable you have made and abide by it. As we are preparing at the last moment there isn’t even thought of procrastination as the time in our hand is already less. While preparing, make sure that when you finish a topic, you are already thorough with it. Because we won’t have enough time to come back and finish the same portions.
- Set clear goals and deadlines and follow them with utmost faith. Push yourself to the highest limit you can. Divide the time left into two parts one for the thorough preparations and the other for revision. Revision is very important as a student gets to know which area he needs to be more careful about in revisions. As we won’t, have much time for mock tests and self-assessment make sure you keep testing yourself as you finish the portions..
- Stop postponing things and follow the timetable.
- Get yourself materials that’ll help you understand the concept easily in a shorter span of time. Keeping in mind the very less time available with us, we need to find the materials that will make it easier for us to study. Studying complex materials would take more time to understand and analyse. Find the book that would help your level of understanding and stick to them.
- Do not get yourself any distraction, whenever you feel like being pulled towards something, remind yourself about your dream. All your distraction would cost you your goal. If you feel like something would distract you or won’t let you concentrate on your last-minute preparation, stay away from it. Put all your mind and time into the preparation you won’t have the space for distractions.
- avoid peer pressure. Stop comparing yourself with your friends. Do not ask your friends how much of the portions they have completed and put yourself down. Every student has his own pace. Don’t doubt yourself by seeing your friends.this is the time to concentrate on yourself and not others. Cut unnecessary communication with others. Approach either your staff or online classes to clear your doubt.
- prepare from last year question papers. Most of the times, preparing from previous year question papers would give you an idea of the pattern of questions. Hence you can be able to figure which portion to provide more priority. The chances of the same questions repeating are higher too. Thus It may be helpful. Study the question papers and learn the methods in which the question has been solved, even if the same question isn’t asked, the technique to solve maybe same, which may help you in solving the problem. Don’t underestimate any topic.cover all the topics even if it doesn’t have high weightage in the question paper.
- Revision is the essential thing in last-minute preparation. Last-minute preparation is squeezing the whole syllabus is a short span of time. Hence refreshing what he has studied is very important. Revision is the place to test your memory and find out the places you still need to refresh. Revision is not studying, so do not keep any portion for studying in the last moment. Revision is for building confidence in yourself. Make at least 3 revisions and test yourself in all the parts of the portions. If you feel like you like in any topic, make yourself thorough in the topic immediately. Make sure when you complete your last revision you are confident enough to be able to solve any question that is given to you.
Most importantly, do not stress yourself. Because if you lose your calm, all the 10 points listed above will go waste. Keep your mind at peace to concentrate more.