Why is the Examination?
The examination is also named as a test. It includes measuring a candidate’s knowledge, skill, ability, aptitude, memory power, and capabilities. Since ancient times the examination is practised, and it changes and evolves. The mode of examinations takes place in written tests, practical tests, or through a computer screen test. The examiner is the one who examines and decides the candidate’s performance. The candidate who passes the examination gets the certificate, job, etc.
Keys before Preparation:
Preparation before the Examination is essential instead of leaving it until the last minute. Some candidate does seem to thrive on last-minute stuffing; it is acceptable that this is not the best way to approach an exam. Sort out your time management, make a timetable for your study. Pen down how many examinations you have and the days on which you have to prepare for them. After that, organize your study accordingly. Decide which exam to spend many days on it, and balance those days and balance that you feel comfortable with it.
Pen and Paper a must-have:
During the time of the revision, the visuals aids help a lot. While starting a topic, challenge and make sure you write down everything you know about the topic and highlight wherever the important points lie. The one-page diagram makes your revision brief, easy, and memorable. Briefing your ideas in this format helps to recall the portions very easily quickly.
Organizing your study space is essential. Make enough space to spread your textbooks and notes out. Check out whether there is enough light? Comfortable chair? Make sure phone calls and games not ruling your study time.
Try your best to get rid of all distractions and make sure you feel pleased and capable of paying full attention as possible. Some people prefer mild background music while studying. Some people prefer complete silence, neat & tidy, and everything wholly organized during studying. Think about your comfort zone and take the time to get it right
Practice old question papers:
Practising past version papers is an effective way to prepare for exams. Such practices help to spend the right amount on each section, knowledge on the format and types of questions.
Form a study group:
Study difficult subjects with a group of friends, and it makes the portion easy to understand. Fix a timing and stay focused on that particular topic for an agreed amount of time; this method is one of the best practical ways to study quickly and to challenge yourself.
Thinking to study as many hours as potential can be counterproductive. Research shows that taking frequent breaks helps than studying continuously for long hours. Develop a study routine that works for you. If you are better at studying in the early morning, do start early, and that maybe the time for you to grasp things faster. If you are a person better studying in the night times, relax and take enough break earlier so that you feel fresh and energetic to settle down come evening.
Explain your answers:
Make it fun to explain your answers to friends, siblings, etc. This kind of activity helps to store it clear in your head, and also to highpoint any areas where you need more work.
You may feel like treating yourself with different snacks or order something junk online to feed yourself, but what you eat has a significant impact on energy levels and focus, so keep away from junk food. Instead of intake, natural, fresh, and vitamins rich foods. These varieties of foods are right for you and will keep you active, enhances your concentration and memory.
It is advisable to drink plenty of water while studying and even during the time of the exam. It agitates your positive spirit and keeps you hydrated all day long.
You are the judge for your study time. If the subject is challenging for you, then start studying early. Spend enough time to grasp the material, practice it, and then review it. It is expedient to take a sound sleep before the exam so that your brain will be able to recollect everything you’ve put into it.
Things to avoid during exam preparation:
Here are some fundamental conceptions which everyone needs to prevent before preparing for an exam.
- Do not be nervous
- Be positive and confident about your preparation. Keep aside a particular time ‘to worry.’ In the meanwhile, stay focus on your preparation and your successful result.
- Last-minute heavy preparation
- Last-minute preparations lead to nervousness and too mugging up the topics. Be confident and believe in yourself and your preparation. It is advisable to spend 10-15 minutes before going to sleep in revising the portions you studied throughout the day.
- Don’t be pressurized
- Don’t overthink and burden yourself with the course pressure. Be self-assured about whatever you prepared.
- Avoid confusion
- Confusion sometimes makes you answer the question wrongly and later leads to sincere repentance. Avoid such situations by taking deep breaths, centre yourself, and concentrate on what you know.
How to improve memory before the exam:
- Research proves a 20-minute workout before an exam can boost your memory and brainpower. It is advisable to go for a walk before an exam.
- Teaching what you have learned is the best way to test what you have understood. Instead of finding people to teach them, you can explain what you have learned to siblings, dolls, or even pets at your home.
- You will be amazed how much more you can remember when you speak out loud instead of merely reading
- Self-motivation is imperative during the time of exam preparation. You can reward yourself by giving marks, stars for each unit/module/questions, etc.
- Create a mind map using your creative visual overview of different connections. Sketching diagrams is the best way, which will help you to visualize data’s which would be hard to describe.
- Avoid distractions by blocking websites using a specific app for a certain amount of time.
- Ceaseless study pauses you from focus. Instead, take regular study breaks to help your brain absorb much information and keep you motivated and focused.
- Practice makes a man perfect. Practice previous year exam questions to sample answers, and it can help train your brain to retrieve information.
- Do not plan to stay up all night before an exam. When you sleep, your brain integrates the statistics you have learned when studying.
Above all, staying positive is a must. A positive attitude constitutes a significant impact on your exam results. Only a positive attitude motivates you to complete all the assignments and to cover the portions when all you want to do is go to bed. Affirmations, concentration, and learning to stay calm are imperative too, but unless if you have not read, studied, prepare, and practised all the stuff you need, they will not help much. All the best, folks!