JEE preparations can be hard on students if they have no clarity on how to prepare for the exam. Here we can find the 10 important things to remember while preparing for the exam.
1. IIT JEE exams are meant to be a marathon and not a sprint. Speed is not going to help with JEE exams, as only determination, perseverance and hard work would help in clearing the exam
2. Comparing with other people is never a healthy habit unless it makes oneself better. The goal is not to be better than others but to be better than what we were yesterday
3. Mistakes are not always a bad thing. During the preparation, a lot of mistakes are bound to happen; but that shouldn’t be disheartening. Rather, it must be used to the advantage, as mistakes will prompt us to learn more
4. Always being open with the teachers regarding the doubts is the most important and best way to score more. Keeping the doubts and questions within, thinking it would be silly to ask such questions to teachers might be cause of the failure as every single detail matter
5. Using technology to our advantage is also important; there are various websites that help in solving questions, and also keeping in touch with the students and solving questions together is also an easy way to understand things
6. Determination is very important. If the first few questions in a question paper seems tough, then it must not be immediately considered a failure. Keeping the cool, finding easier questions to solve is going to relax the mind and help in solving the other questions. Mindset matters
7. Motivation is very important. There will be times where we feel down; but motivating oneself everyday will prove very efficient in due course
8. Self-belief is a great motivator. ‘If not me, then who?’ must be the mantra for everyone, as self-belief gives immense power and self-doubt will only pave way for failure
9. If the goal is to join IIT just because that people say life is settled once students enter IIT, then people are highly mistaken. Life begins with IIT, as it is just an institute which provides quality education. The goal must not be to join IIT, but to utilize its full potential and improve in life
10. Last but not the least, humility and modesty is important. Thinking that one knows everything and being arrogant will never be healthy for a learning mind as arrogance doesn’t help in growth. Modesty and humbleness will help with learning new things
The journey of IIT preparation might be long and hard one, but completing the journey is going to open doors for more opportunities. Keep calm and take up the challenge!
All the very best.